Saturday, February 20, 2010

Evening Update on Next Week's Winter Mess: Short and Sweet

Hope everyone is having a good time this Saturday evening! I'm going to keep this post short and sweet - simply because there isn't much more to tell you than what I said earlier on in the day. So, if this is your first time to the blog (which has a new look that I love - thanks to the girlfriend for the banner :) ) be sure to read the post from this afternoon. It'll fill you in on everything I can tell you so far about next week's storm(s).


The forecast for the first storm starting late Monday for the tri-state area remains the same at this point. Some of the computer models are showing the coastal storm further south which is ideal if you're a snow lover and want some snow accumulation out of this one. However, I am not buying into that. The main computer model showing this is the NAM and it's better for when we are about 36 hours or closer to the storm reaching our area. I don't see this being a trend, but we'll see.

I also think the surface temperatures will remain just a few degrees too warm if this were to happen to support much snow at the surface. So, for now, I'm sticking with a forecast of mostly rain for the entire tri-state area with maybe a brief period of some snow or a mixed bag of precipitation at the onset. I'll have a better idea tomorrow after reviewing the latest computer model data and other information tomorrow afternoon. So that's where we stand with that.

More importantly, for the time being, is your forecast for tonight and tomorrow, so I'll Hammer out the weather for the next 24 hours right now:

Tonight: Partly Cloudy and your overnight low is 32 degrees. It remains a little bit breezy tonight - and it's a dry wind. So, if your out bar hopping, out for a walk or just simply doing anything outside tonight - you'll need all your warm gear, especially the gloves. With this northwest, dry wind, your hands will dry out very quickly and it will not be a comfortable experience!!

Tomorrow: A great day! The wind dies down a bit as we go through the afternoon hours, but get this - we'll have a high of 45!! So, get out there and enjoy that because we're back in the 30s starting Monday.

I'll be updating you with the latest, as always, through tomorrow and all week long as we deal with whatever Old Man Winter sends us!

Stay warm, be safe and have a wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Your Ad Here