Thursday, February 25, 2010

WINTER STORM UPDATE: 5:30AM

This is the first mini-update of many for today and tomorrow. When I go into "storm mode" on this blog the posts are going to be extremely short and sweet. I'll just be letting you know what's happening right now and if any major changes need to be made to the forecast.

Alright, let me Hammer out the weather for you - it's raining across much of Long Island right now with some really heavy rainfall across central Long Island. The rain/snow line right now is just east of Trenton, New Jersey. This will begin to move from west to east gradually throughout the day today.

The wind has picked up slightly and it's going to be whipping by late this afternoon.

Still sticking with the snow totals from last night.

Have a safe morning commute and stay dry!!! You can check the latest radar information on the right hand side of this screen and be sure to post any questions or observations in the appropriate areas on this blog throughout the day!!

I'll be live blogging throughout the day and be making my way into NYC shortly - then it's back to the island to bring you your updated storm forecast tonight on the WLNY TV 10/55 News at Eleven!

For now, I'm in Stony Brook, Long Island and we have moderate rain falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Your Ad Here